Eagle River – South Fork – Hiland Road – Harp – 2 Bowls
- Whumphing (3500′ W aspect)
- Partly cloudy with calm wind becoming a light breeze by sunset.
- 3+” fresh snow. Right side up with the lightest, driest, fluffiest on top. More higher, especially on leeward terrain.
- Supportable, firm windboard below.
- Windward terrain mostly scoured with only ~3-5″ new snow covering rocks, tundra, etc.
- Whumphing: wind slab of greatly varying thickness on a few cm of basal facets and depth hoar (similar to what was observed at Arctic Valley yesterday).
- It has probably been 2+ years since South Fork has been riding this good.
Observed heightened avalanche conditions: evaluate snow and terrain carefully; identify features of concern.