Front Range: Rabbit Creek – McHugh Creek headwaters
Red flags (obvious signs of instability):
- Human triggered micro wind slab upper elevation leeward terrain
- Mostly cloudy to obscured skies with light wind, light snowfall at times, and alpine temps in the lower to mid 20s
- Solid and supportable melt-freeze crust and wind-packed snow in the valley
- Soft, loose snow (low volume sluff) sheltered upper elevation northerly terrain
- Isolated, soft, thin wind slabs along leeward ridgelines
- Hard shears from hand pits. Snowpack solid enough for rappelling from snow bollards.